The Wacaco Picopresso is the most travel-friendly compact espresso machine ever, pro-oriented to brew exceptional quality coffee without compromise, it rivals that of high end expensive machines. Features such as the naked double filter basket, dosing ring, WDT Tool and metal tamp assure you’ll always enjoy delicious creamy espressos, practically anywhere.
The Picopresso’s clever lightweight design makes certain it’ll be the first thing any coffee lover will grab when packing to go away. Stored safely in an EVA soft carry case, the portable espresso maker is suitable for any occasion and is solidly built using premium materials including the 52mm steel non-pressurised portafilter, tamp, funnel and water dispersion screen.
Basic Picopresso Brewing Instructions:
- Add 20g of Espresso ground coffee to the portafilter, with the funnel attached.
- Swirl WDT tool around in grounds until all clumps are broken up and then tamp.
- Then add 70 ml of hot water to the top reservoir. Assemble the brewer and hold it above your cup.
- Press the pumping knob until you see the first signs of coffee to form around the basket and wait 10 seconds for pre-infusion.
- Once elapsed, begin pumping the handle steadily as the espresso slowly brews. Keep pumping until no more water has come out. ENJOY!
Cleaning up after pulling a shot is super simple - it only takes a few moments and you could go again!
The Brewing process whilst compared to authentic cafe-quality espresso brewing, the practice of brewing great coffee on the Picopresso is effortless. Ensuring you have the correct grind size for espresso brewing is the only basic method to guarantee an incredible coffee.
Our review of the Picopresso: The Wacaco Picopresso’s reputation as the ultimate portable espresso maker comes from its ability to obtain pressures upwards of 18 bars and brew an industry standard espresso using a steel non-pressurized filter basket, capable of holding a 20g dose. The attention to detail with Picopresso’s accessories heightens the brewing experience beyond that of its predecessors in Wacaco’s portable espresso machine range.
- Authentic cafe-quality Espresso – Upto 20g Doses & 40ml shots of rich, creamy espresso.
- Even More Portable – Even smaller than the Nanopresso, brew espresso anywhere!
- Hand-Powered Pump – Capable of producing 18bars pressure to brew true espresso shots.
- Naked Portafilter Basket – Watch your espresso brewing out from the bottomless basket.
- Complete brewing tools – Dosing ring, WDT Tool and Metal Disc tamp for ideal preparation of espresso.
- Travel Ready – With a durable EVA material case with a soft fabric lining for safe travels.
- Wacaco Picopresso
- Double Filter Basket
- Protective EVA Shell Case
- Metal Tamp
- WDT Tool
- Dosing Ring
- Coffee Scoop
- Material: BPA-free Food Safe Plastic, Silicone O-rings, Aluminium
- Dimensions: (H) 106 x (W) 78 x (D) 71mm
- Weight: 350g
- Water Capacity: 80 ml
- Ground Coffee Capacity: 20g
- Max Pressure: 18 bar / 261psi