Bellina Technica Coffee Syphon
The Technica 3 Cup may look like a mad scientist’s experiment, but it brews coffee that’s velvety smooth in mouthfeel and richly vibrant in aromatics. The final coffee is so delicious that many around the world have dubbed it the finest filter coffee you can make.
The brewing process, while not exactly straightforward, isn’t difficult. The syphon (also called a vacuum pot) creates a vacuum that forces the water in the 360ml bottom chamber to rise to the top chamber, where the coffee grounds are located, to initiate the brewing. It’s stunning to behold.
- Fill the bottom chamber with 335ml of hot water and light the alcohol burner below it.
- Insert the cloth filter to the upper chamber and pour in 20g of medium-coarse coffee grounds.
- Attach the upper chamber to the lower bulb and start a timer when the water rises.
- After 30 seconds of water/coffee contact, stir the grounds slightly.
- After 2 total minutes of brewing, remove the syphon from the burner.
- Once the brewed coffee drains, remove the upper chamber and enjoy.
The clever stainless steel and cloth filter combo keeps all grounds out of your brew. However, it does let the coffee’s natural oils through, which is what gives the coffee it’s wildly exotic aromatics and body.
When the brewing’s complete, take off the lid and flip it over. You can set the upper chamber into the lid’s protruding cylinder to catch extra drops while you enjoy the brew.
Both glass pieces are made Hario’s own durable borosilicate glass. The silicone band will also last you for years, as well as the metal stand and alcohol burner. Note: alcohol and extra wicks not included.
- Vibrant Syphon Coffee - Beloved by coffee fanatics around the world for its velvety smooth mouthfeel and vivid aromatics; considered by many to be the finest filter coffee in the world.
- Mad Scientist Brewing - Though it’ll make you look like a mad coffee scientist, the brewing process is actually simple enough for all coffee lovers.
- Easy Alcohol Burner - Light the wick and it’ll maintain the perfect heat for syphon brewing the entire time.
- Reusable Cloth Filters - Gives your coffee a creamy body and boosts the rich, exotic aromatics by letting the natural oils through while keeping out all coffee grounds.
- Durable Build - Featuring world-renown Hario glassware, food-grade plastic and silicone, and strong metal to keep the syphon brewing for years.
- The Lid’s A Stand - Flip over the lid to make it a stand for the upper glass chamber for post-brewing placement.
- 1 x Syphon Technica 3 Cup
- 1 x Stainless Steel + Cloth Filter
- 1 x Alcohol Burner
- 1 x Coffee Scoop
- Materials: Glass, BPA-Free Plastic, Silicone, Metal
- Dimensions: 160mm (W) x 95mm (D) x 333mm (H)
- Capacity: 360ml